When someone is reported lost, overdue or when disaster strikes, our volunteer search and rescue / recovery (SAR) dog teams are available to respond, day or night, to help in the search effort. SAR dogs can find:
- Children lost in the wilderness, parks or hidden in shrubbery around houses.
- Elderly people who have wandered away from homes and hospitals.
- Hikers and hunters lost in the woods.
- Victims of drowning accidents.
- Victims of earthquake, flood, explosion, fire, train wrecks, plane crashes.
- Evidence of crime and the recovery of bodies of homicide victims.
On October 20, 2005, SOUTH GEORGIA SEARCH DOGS INC received a request from the Louisiana EMAC to deploy to New Orleans with our human remains detection teams. Read about and see pictures of our 2006 Katrina Deployment. HERE
South Georgia Search Dogs serves these counties:
Our teams have participated in searches in Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, Louisiana, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Saba Island, Netherlands Antilles. Assisted Law Enforcement such as Police Departments, County Sheriff Departments, County and City Emergency Management Agencies, FBI, and GBI. We are Members of the Merrill’s Investigations and Securities K-9 Team, www.merrills-investigations.com. We are also Auxiliary K-9 Handlers for the Harris County, Georgia, Sheriffs Department. www.harriscountysheriff.org, and members of the State of Georgia West Central GSAR TF-4A Task Force.